There are many people that suffer with abnormalities when it comes to their blood sugar levels. Those who have low blood sugar symptoms exhibit something that few people desire, but is nearly impossible to distinguish as the result of blood sugar. Signs of low blood sugar are hard to tell because they are often disguised as other problems that people face on a day to day basis. However, with a few methods, you will be able to detect whether you have low blood sugar and then determine what you can do about it in order to remain safe. Many of these symptoms will lead to severe pain and / or death if you are not careful. Therefore, we have perfected this list so that you can take full advantage of our insight on the matter to protect yourself.
Low Blood Sugar Symptoms and Feelings
Even though it is possible to have low blood sugar and not know about it, it is still going to impact your life on a daily basis. You might not feel as though the blood sugar difference is all that great because you do not attribute headaches or other problems to glucose in the body. However, the biggest problem with low blood sugar symptoms is that they are easily confused with others and often lead to some serious problems in the future.
- One of the main problems that people with low blood sugar have is that they have frequent headaches
- Feeling incredibly lethargic. People who lack sleep often confuse their lack of rest for the lethargic feeling that they get with a low blood pressure.
- Also, many people who are known to be irritable try to work on this as much as possible, but simply have a low blood sugar. This can create immense problems for those who are at severe risk for going into a coma or even dying as a result of their blood sugar problem.
- Shaking, twitching, and even weakness in arm and leg muscles can all be indications that low blood sugar is making your life a lot more difficult than it needs to be.
These are some of the worst feelings that you have, but unfortunately, there is always some other explanation for them. Even people who know about blood sugar will just say that it is time to eat something, which is not always the best advice.
Seeing Your Doctor About Low Blood Sugar Symptoms
It is a good idea to see your doctor about any low blood sugar symptoms that you might have. Even if you do not think it is correlated and you are just lacking in sleep or a proper diet, never discount that it is a genetic issue that might lead to severe problems down the line. After all, you have no notice when a severe bout of low blood sugar can actually end your life.
Make sure you set up an appointment to take one of the few very easy tests. One of them is so simple that you just
- Come to the doctor fasted (without eating for many hours)
- Then have a sugary drink and determine whether your blood sugar is elevated too high after a two hour period. If you are fine during this period, there is no real concern to worry about. If you have elevated blood sugar, your body obviously has a problem.
- If it is too low, it has a problem as well.
There is no reason to avoid seeing your doctor if you think that you have any of the low blood sugar symptoms we have explained in this article. The vast majority of these symptoms go untreated and this results in a lot of pain and suffering for many people. To avoid all of this, simply make sure that you can get help as quickly as you possibly can. Even though you might not think it has a huge impact on your life, it is better safe than sorry. After all, the bout of low blood sugar that has killed thousands of people in only the past few years was never expected. To avoid being caught off guard, know the symptoms and know when you need to get tested.